Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mechanics for Dummies .

Ever since I first started riding bikes, I've wanted to be able to work on them myself. It saves you a whole hell of a lot of money, and you learn a lot about your bike too! Ideally, you eventually get to the point where you can take your bike completely apart and put it back together (literally, one of my friends can do this). Now, I'm not really mechanically inclined (as much as I'd like to be) but decided to tackle something on my bike by myself this time. I bought the cables, and went ahead and replaced the ones that run to the derailleurs. Honestly, it wasn't really that bad... I'm feeling pretty proud of myself (sad as that may be). I plan on running new brake lines tomorrow. Maybe I'll get the hang of this after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...