Saturday, February 9, 2013

Quiet Time .

Have you ever considered how hard it is to hear the silence? With all of life's distractions, it's practically impossible. How very rare that we get an opportunity to have nothing going on around us, nothing vying for our attention, and no tasks that require our full focus. And yet the other night I had the opportunity to sit in pure silence. This is a rare occurrence for me; usually even when I have the opportunity, I have some sort of music playing. I pretty much listen to music during all parts of the day. But this time the silence was just what I needed. No distractions. No attention-grabbers. Though the silence is often hardest to hear about all the noise, it is also one of the things that can really calm a person's nerves, soothe anxiety and just relax us.

Why not take the time today to find the sound of silence? I guarantee it will be worth it.

Got a topic you want to hear about? Got questions or comments? Want to chat? Shoot me an email at asmallpieceofgodsplan(at)gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

If you enjoyed this post, tweet it or share it, and check out some other ones below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...