Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wawa Bro Talks .


I spent the night with someone who means a lot to me, talking about life. What started off as a casual trip to Wawa turned into serious life talks about lifestyle, self examination, relationships and more.

We opted to spend the time as my brother normally does with his friends, plopped on the lip of the bed of the truck, with a hoagie and a drink. I think perhaps it is this sort of casual setting that breeds some of the most interesting conversations. It's even better that I have someone who can simultaneously relate to what I have to say and also challenge my viewpoints.

The dead quiet of the lot envelops us now as the night grows later, save for the few late night visitors to the convenience store or gas station. However, despite the void lot, my heart is full and my spirit grows stronger with the talks like these.

What sorts of places breed ponderous conversations for you? Who are the people that bring out the best in you?

4 comments:

  1. I could talk anywhere, but I love walks and talks. We have a gorgeous river valley here in Edmonton with 100s of kilometres of trails so I like to speak and let emotions flow through my bloodstream and not get stuck as they might if I were sitting.

    When I was having problems with my husband back in the day I would talk to my good friends Jen and Tanya and Carla. They gave me this total different perception that what I was seeing and it helped me to eventually leave an abusive relationship. Thank the creator!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that. Thank the creator for the people he puts in place for us when we truly need them!

      Delete
  2. There is something about being somewhere so normal, so usual, like wawa, but turning it into an oasis to open up and discuss things with someone that I find really incredible.

    Last night I went out to a fancy dinner with my best friend. Towards the end we started to get into a really serious conversation, so when we left we really wanted to just find somewhere to sit down and keep talking. We wandered down one of Manhattan's less busy streets, and found a stoop to sit on. We must have been there for over an hour continuing this conversation. I don't know what it was, but there was something so perfect about being on that stoop together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool! And thanks so much for your comment. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets to experience these awesome things!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...