Sunday, September 11, 2011

Barcelona: Day 18 : Spanish = Death .

Today was the second session of our Saturday Spanish class. And yes, that means 4 hours of Spanish on a Saturday morning. I'm not sure that could get any worse. I suppose we were semi lucky because Barcelona celebrates a holiday on September 11th, when Catalunya got its freedom from its oppressors. It's a big deal, and was tomorrow, so we went out and practiced our Spanish while also learning some things too.


I neglected to bring my camera, because, well, I'm lazy, and also I didn't want to have to lug it around while we were walking around.... not that it's really that heavy.... Okay, fine, you got me. Let's just say I don't like Spanish class and leave it at that.

One of our teachers gave us this sheet that had useful phrases in Spanish on it, and was making people ask restaurants or shops questions about things in order to practice our Spanish. I would imagine it would be difficult to be a teacher in a crash course of Spanish. Languages just don't come that easy. We had a third guy there also, from Chile, who knew like 5 different languages. He was really laid back and easy to talk to. He says that the best way to learn a language is to be social. It will really help you pick it up quicker, and get used to everything like the speed and pronunciations. Ah. I see my problem....

Spanish almost ran over time, but luckily we were able to get back to RESA pretty quickly. It is Brittany's birthday tomorrow, so we had plans to eventually go out. We were going to go to Queen Vic, but a lot of the Texas A&M kids were going to this place called Ryan's since one of their students' birthdays was that day too. Ryan's Irish Pub is definitely a good place; it was cheap and a nice environment. I have to say, I had a blast and it was a lot more laid back than Queen Vic. It's hard to just sit and chat and have a drink when you have people trying to get you to take drugs and others just yelling random things that don't make sense.

Church was in the a.m., so we headed home around 2am to get some sleep. Oh and congrats to Clemson on the win! Though we better step it up for next weekend, Auburn is going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...