Sunday, October 14, 2012

midterm review .

Well I suppose the technical name is not so much a midterm review, but perhaps more of a mid-project review. We're only doing one in studio, but we've had two formal reviews thus far. It's always very important to me to do well on these, not just because they are graded, but because they are also usually a reflection on who I am and the type of work that I produce. I want to do well and work hard to impress the grad schools that I am applying to.

With all of that being said, the architecture review went great. I wrote out lots of notes and things to talk about, and the first thing out of the reviewers' mouth was "I really buy it. It makes a lot of sense." I could not have had a better feeling about it. It's exciting to me to succeed, especially when the two reviewers we had were graduate student teachers themselves.

It's hard to talk to people about 2 months worth of work in about 5 minutes. You have to tell them where you've been, where are you, and where you're going with the project. You need to explain about the site, explain your concepts, why you made the choices you did and how every piece of information ties together.

In some ways I suppose I might be able to chalk it up to being relatively well-spoken when it comes to reviews. Some people really struggle to voice their ideas, even if they are really great ideas. I'm glad that we had a communication class to help us with this.

I received my grades that the reviewers gave me, and both had given me an A. Upon looking at the spread of the class (not with names, but just letters) I was thrilled to see that for one of the reviewers, I was the only one they had given an A to; they had only given one A in the whole of the class.

It means a lot to me when I work hard and see the results come from it. It motivates you and pushes you harder to do well in the future. At a time when many might be getting burned out from the workload thus far and the pace and the necessity for forward progress at breakneck speed, it was just what I needed to get me looking forward to the next step. I'm really excited to see what happens in the future, and how this project turns out overall. But for now, I'll just pat myself on the back a little bit and celebrate all my work.

Also if you want to ask questions, look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...