Sunday, April 7, 2013

Employee - Employer Relations .

Over the past few months I've been in a process of designing a website for a client. It's something a little different than I was used to, because I've been on the PR and marketing end of my other boss, not so much the designing part. However, I'm pretty computer savvy and I'd like to think I have a bit of a design sense when it comes to spatial representation and composition.

Well, I had the second to last meeting with my boss today, and things went well and I felt like I showed her a lot of stuff and was able to answer all of her questions. A few hours after I got home, I got an email from her that basically just said thank you, and said that she had forgotten to tell me how impressed she was with all of the things that I was doing with the website.

I mean, damn, that kind of validation is just awesome. A quick thank you can mean the world to someone. Tell them how you really feel, make a difference in their day today. It can go a hell of a long way.

2 comments:

  1. A little recognition goes a long long way. That was really awesome of her to send you that email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really terrific, Greg. Good for you! And what a great boss to actually let you know how pleased she was with your work. It goes a long way like you say....it's like paying it forward. You'll acknowledge someone in the future....

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...