Sunday, April 28, 2013

Year's End .

Well, for all of those wondering where I've been the past few weeks, architecture has been taking over my life. It was literally wake up at 5am, head to school, and work all day with the exception of meals. Then head home by 11pm and go to bed (or often times don't sleep). It was a whole lot of hell to make it through and I really didn't finish to the point of my own standards, but I still feel that I did well enough. This summer, I'd really like to take the opportunity to go back and flesh out all aspects of the project, and really go back and create some class renderings too. We'll see how much I actually stick to that.

Just before my review the other day, as I was making notes of what to talk about during the presentation, I wrote in all caps on the top of my page "last undergrad architecture review ever!" -- that pretty much hit home. It's wild to think that it's the very last one! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be entering the work world now. I'm actually really thankful that I'll have two more years to go in school before I enter the real world. My journey is just beginning!

In the fall, in case you missed it, I'll be moving almost literally from the east coast to west coast, from New Jersey all the way to Oregon. 2900+ miles. It will be the farthest I've ever lived from home (save for living in Europe for 5 months) but I couldn't be more thrilled to move out there. I honestly wish I could skip summer and just get to the school out there! A beautiful area, a land of opportunity both career-wise and biking and snowboarding -- and some beautiful countryside! I'll be living with a good friend from Clemson, and hopefully, with a new four-legged friend (more on that to come).

Life over the next two weeks will be great; I have a few things to finish up, but other than that, life is grand. Finals week is my most favorite week of the year -- no work for me! Architecture reviews always finish the week before.

Regardless, for those architecture kiddies that still have reviews, best of luck to you. And all people taking loads of finals this week, best of luck to you as well! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I've got lots to make up on the blog here, so expect a flurry of posts over the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...