Thursday, October 20, 2011

Barcelona: Day 54 : Changing Seasons .

It seems that it has finally decided to become fall here in Barcelona, and while there aren't too many trees to witness the changing color of the trees, it's so nice to be able to wear a pair of jeans without sweating your butt off. Those of you who know me well know how much I absolutely love my jeans... You might find it hard to believe that this entire post may very well be about the Barcelona weather, but I dunno, I consider myself a rather avid blogger and most likely can make something out of virtually nothing. It semi has a point, I promise.


At this time of the year in Jersey, I used to love the first time you could slip on a hoodie over the usual T-shirt. I generally wore pants whenever I could, even in the heat of summer. And yes, that led to many poor decisions of wearing pants when I shouldn't have, and then sweating endlessly and everyone curiously looked at me like I was some sort of big dumb, which I most certainly was. I just like pants, and pretty much despise shorts unless I'm playing a sport, sleeping, or lifting in them.

I was beginning to think that Autumn didn't exist in Barcelona. That's not to disregard the fact that the weather is still the most screwy thing I have ever experienced in my life. The temperature fluctuates almost 10 degrees F everyday from the morning to the midday times to the evening again. It's so odd. You can wake up and feel frigid, but by the time you get out of class it's time to tear off all your clothes as soon as you get back to the building...

The other thing that is, I suppose, a bit metaphorically a changing of the seasons is that I'm very much now used to the degrees of measurement used in Europe. I can sort of imagine things in meters and kilometers, and temperature in Centigrade is actually not too bad -- though it still makes me feel like a badass when I'm wearing a tshirt and it's 15º outside... which actually is rather mild, if converted.

I also love the currency -- the US should really try to bring back the dollar coin and make a 2 dollar coin as well. It's just super convenient. Though I have to say, change is a bit superfluous -- 1 Eurocent, then 2, then 5, then 10, then 20, then 50. I mean, really? Is all of that necessary? I'm not sure I could even think of a time when I would specifically need a 2-cent coin. Silly, and in my opinion, stupid. And of course, pennies and any equivalent to it was always dumb to begin with. Let's make a coin that is worth less than it takes to make one... that sounds like a pretty class idea.

Anyways, I'm hoping that the colder, or at least cooler weather, might kick into gear soon. Because I don't know about you guys, but I am TOTALLY ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...