Friday, October 21, 2011

Barcelona: Day 58 : The Mixed Tape .

This literally just randomly occurred to me -- I'm a giant fan of listening to the lyrics in songs, and frankly writing them myself as well. It's amazing to me that people can be so choice with their words and send such a strong message, and often make it rhyme, and then put the right type of music along with it. It sure seems like a lot, and I think we often underestimate musicians' ability and take what they offer for granted.


One thing I've already known is that I eventually want turn the walls of my room into a canvas -- almost like a graffiti wall. You can start blank and put whatever you want on it; and in particular I can write lyrics and clips from songs on there. And when I get tired of it, I can just paint over and change it. I hate being confined to the dictations of the home that say rooms have to be a certain color or color scheme. I'd rather have my room become a place that feels very 'me;' something that inspires and is a sort of experience.

But then I got to thinking, what if I took a bunch of lines from various songs and put them together? I use to have someone I'd text back and forth with using lyrics that we rhymed and made up on our own. But this would be a whole new ball game.

And to think all of this inspired by one line in a Coldplay song... 'when you feel so tired but you can't sleep, stuck in reverse.' There are definitely those times when it feels like time is moving backwards... and yet all you want to do is move on.

So who knows. Maybe I'll just have to start writing down the lines as they hit me. Just a quick few thoughts I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...