Wednesday, August 22, 2012

back on the bike .

The last few weeks of summer I've been a lazy bum when it comes to riding. I haven't been out on the bike for quite some time and I finally had the chance to. Let me just say I felt so out of shape. Biking is not one of those things that you can drop and just pick right back up again. Maybe riding a bike in general, but certainly not riding at a competitive pace where you can push yourself. I about died. But it's time to focus and get back into it.


South Carolina, despite all the heat and humidity, is a great place to ride because there are lots of pretty country roads with little traffic, and there is a very large biking community, and on top of all of that there are a good number of climbs and fun descents around here. Not the case where I live, where most everything is very flat. This is definitely more of a challenge, and will get me back into top shape. I'm ready for the challenge. Biking is one of those things that is great because you can ride alone or with a group. It's fun either way.

There are leisurely group rides, hard almost race-like rides, and circuit training. And while my butt may take some reminding of how to get used to sitting on a tiny bike seat for hours again, I'm totally okay with that if it means getting back into cycling shape again and really working on some great heart exercise.

I know, I'm addicted. But I'm perfectly okay with that.

2 comments:

  1. You know another place where biking is crazy popular? Here, in Kelowna. Because MOUNTAINS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mountains are the boobs of the earth. You can never get enough of them....PAHA

      In all seriousness though, I'm moving out west next year, probably to Colorado!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...