Sunday, August 12, 2012

grease monkey dreams .

Currently, I'm sitting watching a show called Xtreme 4x4. Now, despite the fact I have a truck, I most certainly don't really know how to do any sort of work on cars. There's something a little funny about guys who work at auto body shops -- they're usually a little crass, don't like chit chat, and when they write emails to you, it's in all lowercase with poor grammar. But you can't fault them on one thing, and that's their knowledge of cars. It's truly unbelievable all the stuff that they know how to do. Granted, some are more specialized in specific things and don't know as much how to do other things. But me? Well put me on a creeper under the car and I'm virtually useless.


Working on cars is always one of those things I've always wanted to know how to do, but haven't found the time or energy to learn. I guess what you really need is a friend who's very into it who can help you work and teach you things. I could always go ahead and try to work at a shop somewhere. It's not that I'm not mechanically inclined, because I can sometimes take things apart and mess with them, but I'm more worried about doing something that will damage the car and then I'll be in the market for some serious repairs.

For now, I'm just going to give myself the excuse that cars are really complicated these days and it takes  a lot of computer knowledge to handle the work that needs to be done on cars (not to mention lots of lifts and welding equipment). Watching the stuff that's done on TV just isn't realistic, because of all the equipment they have. And so at the end of the day, I have mad respect for anyone who can legitimately call themselves a grease monkey.

2 comments:

  1. nice blog.Pentagon Lubricants is a customer caring and relation building organization manufacturing the entire range of Industrial Lubricants, Automotive Lubricants, Greases, Marine Engine Oils and Specialty Lubricant products under the trade name PENTAGON that deliver Quality, Reliability and Performance. Automotive Greases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us. Pentagon Lubricants is a customer caring and relation building organization manufacturing the entire range of Industrial Lubricants, Automotive Lubricants, Greases, Marine Engine Oils and Specialty Lubricant products under the trade name PENTAGON that deliver Quality, Reliability and Performance. Marine Engine Oils.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...