Thursday, December 9, 2010

unknown future .

When someone asks me, where do you see yourself in a year? or 5 years, or 10 years, or anything else like that... I never know what to answer.

Sure I have an idea of where I might want to be. Sure I have goals in life. But to be honest... I have no idea. I don't know what the future holds. And frankly, it scares me. The lack of knowledge of the future is one of the most interesting, scary and confusing things about life.

I'd love to know exactly where I'm going in life and know that everything is gonna work out the best for me and be okay. That'd be awesome -- but at the same time it would take away from the hard work that gets you there, and the unwavering faith that is virtually a necessity to help you in your quest of your dreams.

But I'm not thinking about way in the future -- I'm thinking about simple things, like where am I working next summer? Will I even have a job? Is architecture the right career choice for me? Is the right girl out there for me? Is my belief enough to keep me strong in my religion?

So much unknown, waiting to be discovered... but it seems like there are tons of things in life that are constantly hiding themselves away. That no matter how hard you try, they are just going to keep slipping away, out of reach. And that they'll never be discovered. Things like that really bother me. And I know I'm being really vague here, but it's true. I don't want to have the power to know everything... absolutely not. But some things... it'd just be good to know.

A lot of turmoil in a person is caused from the unknown. And I feel like this is not just with me... think about today's economy. One day you could be perfect, and the next you could be out of job. One day you could be in a happy marriage, and all of a sudden you are divorced and lost the kids. What does my future hold? What special plans are out there for me, if any? I don't know. I'm gonna try to just live life and let whatever happens happen. Go with the flow and just let it all be. John Lennon was onto something when he wrote that song.

This is a really random blog, and I feel kinda distracted right now. But today just got me thinking when I thought about how we all go home for various breaks and you have no idea what's going to happen in that time. Time is just an interesting concept. You can never know what's really going to happen next and how soon.

Okay, I'm starting to get redundant with this, and I'm kinda distracted. So, apologies for the shortness of this one, but that's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...