So one of my new followers recently nominated me for the Liebster award, and now I'm going to pass the torch. What is it you ask? Well, here's how the Liebster award works:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose up to 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
- Remember to tag blogs with less than 200 followers
Here are my 11 things about myself:
1. I am a risk-taker. I like to live on the edge and test my limits physically. I have yet to go skydiving or bungee jumping, but things like that are definitely on the list.
2. At my funeral, I want several different songs to play; the first is Fairytale of New York by The Pogues, the second is If I Ever Leave this World Alive by Flogging Molly, and the last is You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban.
3. I love tattoos -- I currently have four, and have about 10 more planned. It's an art, a passion, and I love the meanings behind them.
4. Over the years I have acquired a sort of hard exterior shell. But if you break down the wall, you'll find I'm as soft as butter -- you just have to have the perseverance to get there.
5. I am very loyal -- I defend the people I care about to the end. But cross me or do me wrong and I'll not only never forget it, ever.
6. I am addicted to music -- it plays at all hours of the day whether I'm driving, studying, hanging out, working, writing, and even sleeping. I have so much I can't even decide what to listen to anymore and it's still not enough.
7. One of my life goals is to snowboard in every continent (minus Antarctica).
8. Being that I'm majoring in architecture, I want to one day design my own house.
9. I can never decide which would be cooler -- living in a high rise in the city, or on top of a mountain in perfect solitude.
10. I make my own music -- various genres; electronic, acoustic and others.
11. I found it weird that I had to write 11 things instead of 10 things about myself.
Here are the questions given to me by Nikskie:
1. What's the lesson you learn most from your parents?
2. What's the hardest situation in your life? How you deal with that?
3. What's your favorite sport? (if you're American, are you into soccer?)
4. If you meet Snooki, what would you say to her?
5. What's your favorite reality show?
6. What's your guilty pleasure?
7. Do you believe in ghost?
8. If you're a movie character who would you be?
9. What is your favorite moment of the day?
10. What's your childhood memory that you most embarrassed of?
11. Mountain or beach?
1. Life isn't fair; get used to it.
2. Bouncing back and forth between 2 places, and trying to keep in contact with people from both places. Sometimes I just feel lost in the middle. When you're in that situation, you just need to be able to go with any sort of flow. I've found it's easiest to just not let any problems on either end affect me too much.
3. There are many to choose from -- I'd say it's a tie between snowboarding (my winter sport) volleyball (my summer sport) and cycling (my all season sport). I actually don't really like soccer -- even though I used to play a lot.
4. I don't even know. Go home to New York? (I'm a local in Jersey).
5. I really don't watch reality TV. But if you asked me my favourite TV show, it would undoubtedly be Suits.
6. I'm a huge fan of Ke$ha and know a lot of the words to a lot of her songs...
7. I think there is some validity to spirits being left behind halfway to the afterlife, that can have an affect on our lives. Why? Because I've experienced some strange stuff in my day at various places. But I don't think that ghosts live up to the crazy stories that people often associate them with.
8. This is a tough one. Probably Jason Bourne. The guy can do ANYTHING. Either that or one of Liam Neeson's characters; he always plays a complete badass.
9. Either the hour or so before the sun comes up, or dusk into evening. Both are very tranquil and peaceful. I just like the times when I can hear myself think.
10. My birthday is right around Halloween so one time we had a Halloween themed party -- there was a piñata and when one of the kids there broke it was I so upset (even though that's what you're supposed to do) and didn't stop crying for a large remainder of the party.
11. Mountain any day of the week. I'm obsessed with being up high and getting those fantastic views, looking down over everything. My pasty skin doesn't do well at the beach.
Okay, so now for the questions I have for those I tag!
1. What's the best book you've ever read?
2. What's the best piece words of wisdom you've ever received?
3. Is there anything you ever regret, and if so what is it?
4. If you could live anywhere regardless of expense... where would it be?
5. What is your dream job?
6. What's the most touching thing someone has ever done for you?
7. New York or California?
8. What do you think life after death will be like?
9. Have you ever had any pets, and what is/was it like?
10. If you just got in your car and started driving.. where would you end up?
11. What is your favourite thing to eat?
So people, now it's your turn, here are my nominees:
Steve, from A Life in the Day
Angie, from The Best Part of My Day
Stephanie, from An Organized Mess (My Life)
The Management, from A Prince & Prozac
Hannah, from Train Diary
Jacy, from My Name Is Jacy
Catherine, from Lux Life
June, from I need a header.
Keith, from Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer
Jordan, from Paper Tigers
Kim, from the Accidental Somebody
Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!