Monday, July 16, 2012

Ted .

So, this post is going to be about the movie that just came out, "Ted". So just so you know, don't read this if you haven't seen the movie yet and are planning to go! I'll most likely spoil the movie for you and honestly, who would want the movie to be spoiled? Of course if you're not planning on seeing it, read away. But you've been warned...


Last night I went to see Ted with my brother and my friend Chris. It was a pretty good movie and quite entertaining. I haven't been to the movies in ages, so it was nice to get out and go, even if you do spend almost 11 bucks these days -- and that's just for the ticket; that doesn't include any sort of snacks or drinks.

Believe me when I say "Ted" is definitely a comedy as it is portrayed. From the first scene, where they say, "Now if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except, an Apache helicopter; an Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine."

But there are also plenty of heartfelt moments -- things that most people go through in their life at one point in another . The thing that struck me most was the relationship between John and Lori... in that they loved each other so much and that no matter what happened, they were always willing to give everything else in the world up for that person and make it work.

When John lost Lori, I could totally relate. Having a girl that was your everything, and her just deciding it wasn't going to work. I've been there, and it's the pits. But that's life -- sometimes you get them back and sometimes you don't. Though in my experience, it's always worked out for the best even though I was crushed at the time.

John and Lori could have fun doing anything, and the date didn't have to be fancy or super expensive in order for things to be an absolute blast. Lately I've been having similar experiences -- having fun without even trying, doing anything at all from sitting on the beach to walking around or just chatting when we can. I've got to admit, I'm quite happy.

I know it is just a movie, and that everything is scripted to seem perfect, and that when things go wrong most of the time they are resolved (what sort of movie wouldn't leave you with the stereotypical happy ending?), but still maybe I just got lucky and am living out a movie script ending. Who knows! All I can say is that to have that sort of relationship one day would make me a lucky lucky man.

2 comments:

  1. I thought Ted was an okay movie, it was funny but I think it wanted it to be funnier and less serious? You make a good point though, the relationship btw John and Lori was pretty great. We'd all be lucky to have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was slightly less funny but still lots of comical moments. It's kind of like "Funny People" was though, with Adam Sandler. That turned out to be a very serious movie. I thought that Funny People was a fantastic movie, but if you went to see it envisioning it as an Anchorman-esque film, you'd be very disappointed. I think it all depends on the expectations.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...