Monday, January 14, 2013

Mountain Escape .

One of the reasons I applied to so many schools out west is to get into the mountains. When I took a trip to the Canadian Rockies years ago, I loved the scenery out there. Talk about having the most perfect backdrop to do anything. You don't even need to be doing anything to enjoy it, all you have to do is look. I'm sick of the humidity, the heat and all that other nonsense that make the southeast virtually intolerable. I almost wish I could just go and live on a cliffside for awhile, to clear my head and be able to meditate and enjoy all of creation that is out there. Sometimes I think that we all forget all of the beautiful things that are here. People spend thousands on elaborate and ambitious trips to Europe and other corners of the world to see history and beauty, when it's all here in the States. Want cities? We got it. Deserts? Got it. Luxurious homes fancy hotels? Got that too. Lush greenery, got it, snowcapped mountains, got it, golden beaches: Got. It. All. Why go anywhere else?

My mom is trying to plan a family vacation when my brother and I get home from school this summer; we'd be flying out to Arizona and then taking an RV up through parts of Utah and Colorado. I don't think it could possibly get any better. Time spent with my brother and family, beautiful scenery, an escape from everyday life in an area I would love to one day live in. Count me in.

2 comments:

  1. RVing....I've always been intrigued by it. One day. I hope you'll blog about this family vaca. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Angie, you know me better than that, wouldn't miss that for the world in the blogging world! Pictures and everything, I'd spill every word!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...