Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Mouse In My Walls .

Yep, you read that correctly. There is a mouse in my wall. The little bastard fell in between two wall studs and two sheets of drywall, and can't get out. He's been scratching away frantically for the past two days. At first I thought he was trying to move in and create a nest for himself. But if you tap on the walls (you can almost pinpoint exactly where he is) he just scratches and scrambles around, he doesn't run away. Which is odd, because I thought mice could climb vertical walls.. apparently not sheetrock.

So naturally it has been the most unnerving thing to try to sleep, while you're laying in bed listening to some rodent scuttling around every few minutes. So rude of him to fall down the wall... probably the stupidest mouse out there. There's nothing we can do to reach him, short of drilling a hole in the wall, and if he does manage to get out of the well, there is a mousetrap waiting for him (tee-hee).

Though, thankfully, I read somewhere that mice can only live 2-4 days without eating. So assuming he can't find anything to eat down there (which I doubt he has, given that he's on top of one of the aluminum HVAC exit ducts), he'll be gone soon.

Let's hope it doesn't make the house stink like all hell...

6 comments:

  1. Yep that would be my concern...him dying and causing a bit of a stink (pun intended). It's quite possible though that the smell might be contained within the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, free Jerry!! Drill, cut, take the wall down if you must! Poor lil rodent or not.... mind you, better save it sooner than later, he's most likely already found way out and is just making nice mice nest for his arriving family...Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm I don't think so, he's been stuck there for three days!

      Delete
  3. Yikes! I hope you can sleep tonight. I don't think micky will make it through the night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry Angie; I plugged in some meditation music with my headphones! I haven't heard him moving at all today and we're on day 3... so either he escaped, or he's toast. Haha. or should i say.... MUAHAHAHA

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...