Thursday, January 24, 2013

On Winter's Rare Appearances .

For the natives of South Carolina and the south in general, snow is something pretty much only talked and dreamt about and never really seen. Also, what is considered a "good snowfall" down here is usually somewhere between a dusting and 2 or 3 inches, whereas where I am from, a good snowfall means 10-12 inches, or maybe even multiple feet of snow. The cold, though is the one thing I severely miss in winter down here in South Carolina. Lately it's been 50 or 60 degrees outside (that's in Fahrenheit for all your foreign readers out there), warm enough to wear a T-shirt and be comfortable without a hoodie or jacket.

Now what the heck. It's January! This should be the coldest month of the year!! I can only dream of the day I move out west, where I will have a winter season that lasts nine months out of the year. Yes please!

4 comments:

  1. Dude...I feel ya. It was upper 60s here in KY last week. Not seasonal at all. It's kind of hard for me to enjoy winter when it's that warm. I am one of those weirdos that loves the winter and loves cold weather. #teamcold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not seasonal. It certainly doesn't leave me too excited for what summer will bring... believe me, I love the cold too!! #teamcold

      Delete
  2. Dudes...it's frickin' freezing in Toronto! Yeah, it's Canada, but we've seriously been having warmer and warmer winters lately. But this week has been killer. Like -13F. Yeah. Cold. Waiting for a bus is murder. So send some of those temps north...Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to come down and visit anytime Ang haha, if ya live in Canada you can't be complaining about the cold :P Until then though, stay warm up there! Hats and mittens and scarves oh my!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...