Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Interactive Companionship .

Of recent, I have been making a point to try to comment on all the posts I read. This means not only writing down some words on the post after reading through, but it means actually figuring out how it touched me, what criticisms or juxtapositions can be made, and even how I can possibly put a smile on the author's face, or raise their self-esteem a little. This is actually easier said than done... it's not always easy to figure out exactly what you're feeling. And when you lean far more towards the introverted side of the scale like me, you spend a lot of time thinking about yourself: analyzing, pondering, realizing, discovering. But just because I spend a lot of time with myself, doesn't mean I actually know what's going on in there.

Regardless, I'm attempting to try to make some new connections. And for those I already know, correspond with, and would certainly consider hanging out with for reals, I'm trying to comment more and connect better. I only have about 20 or 25 blogs I read. I find that there are many out there that just don't really click just right with me. I like lifestyle blogs, but could do without diary entries, fashion tips and makeup. I like stories, inspirational tidbits, etc. I guess most of what I really enjoy are the ones that are about life -- the ups, the downs, the successes and failures, and everything in between. It helps me feel like I'm actually getting to know someone -- and not just peeping through a limited window of what they might enjoy. The only blog I follow that is almost 100% on one topic is a mountain biking blog (fuel the addiction, you know?)

If you've been slacking on the 'feedback' aspect of your blogging career, take a moment today to tell your favorite bloggers what you think of their work. If you're just a shadow of a ghost, and don't write but read lots of blogs, make yourself known. Who knows; you might end up making a new friend.

2 comments:

  1. I try my very best to comment on every blog I read because someone put their time and effort into writing that post. I always find one thing about the post that reached me in some way. Doesn't have to be a deep way of course - it could be almost anything. But the point is, I like to acknowledge their work. I do want to take this time to say that your blog has always been among my favorite to read ever since last March when I first came across yours. YOu are one of the more versatile blogs I follow because you have a very interesting mix of posts. One common theme among those posts is that you do a lot of inward=thinking, and that's my kind of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That is beyond awesome. It means so much to hear that and I definitely plan to continue writing as much as I can; I get some true enjoyment out of it. You do really do a wonderful job of commenting on everything (and frankly I don't know how you do it, with all the blogs you must follow). Either way, your generosity in time and comments shows, as you now have several hundred people following you, and it just goes to show how important it is and what a difference it makes to be a person and put yourself out there, on a platform that's so easy to hide away in the shadows.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...