Friday, March 8, 2013

Living Frigid .

It's day two without heat, and we're doing just fine. The hardest part is waking up in the morning when no matter where you move or how you curl yourself up, you're still cold in bed (though it certainly makes you get out of bed quicker and into some warm clothes). I stumbled upon an article today, and lo and behold, it was on people that live sans heat. That means little to nothing. No central heat, ever. Wood stove, maybe, if you're entertaining. They have come to discover that it's really all about attitude. The more you dwell on it, the worse it is. And it's not like these people live in warm tropical climates. We're talking places like New York, Pittsburgh, and other northern areas. Being from NJ, I can attest to the fact that it does indeed get pretty cold up there...

Makes me feel like a snooty b though, if you catch my drift. Here we are, not wanting to deal with a 50 degree house for a few days, while others are choosing to go completely without heat. Pretty nuts! I don't have the link to the article, but I'm sure it's pretty easy to find. Would you ever willingly go without your creature comforts permanently?

4 comments:

  1. I began keeping my thermostat on 59 this winter (usually it's always been 67 in winter) to lower heating bills and after a while I really adjusted to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would imagine that after awhile it's no big deal!

      Delete
  2. I turn down my heat to 17 celcius when I leave for the day. Coming back home I tend to keep my parka on for a bit longer. I live in the most NOrthern large city in Canada. But man, I wish I had a wood stove, I would be stokin that baby like no one's business. Thanks for the songs...I saw Sam live here in Edmonton and I am pretty sure I teared up at his amazing lyrics ad sweet sound.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...