Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Tidings .

Alleluia He is risen, He is risen indeed! For those more secular folk out there, that's the main concept behind this whole Easter shindig. This morning I dragged myself out of bed around 6am (after hitting snooze 4 or 5 times I might add) and got dressed quickly to get myself to 7am mass. It was early, earlier than usual (they were fitting in four services instead of the usual three) but it was nice to get up and at 'em early. While I've been in college, I've never done anything really spectacular with the Easter holiday, mainly because it never seems to align with our Spring Break. I'm okay with that though, as long as I remind myself the real reason behind the joy.

However, I think even more important is the fact that we remember all the people that have to continue with their daily lives, and can't spend the holiday with their families. I went out with a friend for dinner tonight to just have a chat about life and talk about graduation and some other things. We went to Waffle House, a southern staple that prides itself on being open 24 hours, 7 days a week, even on holidays. And so when we walked in, we were only two of four in the entire restaurant, minus the staff. And while I'm sure they get paid time and a half to work, I still feel for them that they don't have a hiatus, they don't have reprieve from the monotony of their daily job.

That being said, as you finish up your Easter holiday, send up a prayer for those that can't spend time with their families today, for those who have to fight paycheck to paycheck to keep going, and for those who just can't afford to time for leisure or a break from their job. It isn't fair, and yet they approach it with such grace. Our server today was still so pleasant, kind, and really took care of us. It's all about the little things sometimes.

Here's to hoping you all had a great holiday, whether you celebrate or not.

4 comments:

  1. happy holiday Greg!
    hope you have a great one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Well said :). Hope you had a well spent Easter break. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeygain - Earn Money with your unused Internet
    Redeem Code for Free 5$: gethoney

    Download:
    http://bit.ly/_Honey_Gain

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...