Monday, January 9, 2012

move in .

It's amazing to think that winter break is already done and finished, and this Wednesday, I'll be starting classes. Wow, has the time flown! Driving all the way down to Clemson was a chore. I took my car and my parents took their truck to help bring some of my stuff. I realized also that I have a lot of clothes... probably too many. Perhaps I should really go through and try to pass some of that stuff along to some people less fortunate. I'll have to go through it at some point.


Being in Clemson the first day was awesome, but I must confess I'm a little bit... nervous? That's not really the right word; I can't really find it. It's just strange to come back to something so familiar... but also a little bit strange, because of the fact that several things are changing this year. New roommates, I'm coming into the year halfway through, and I'm living off campus for the first time ever. It should be an interesting semester.

The one thing that I realized today was that while I was in Spain, I really missed the friendships I had cultivated over the past few years. These are the people that I got really close to and really was able to connect with and talk on a very profound level with. I've missed having life talks, and just being a part of what they're living for. I've missed the random interactions and conversations with long lost friends on the way to class.

Of course, there will always be things that bother me about Clemson. There will always be people I don't get along with, and things I wish that could change. I know now that I'd never really want to live in the South. But I wouldn't have known if I didn't come down here. I like Clemson enough, just could never see myself permanently in this sort of atmosphere. I just need to get out to explore other possibilities before I sort of decide where I want to be for awhile.

But regardless, pretty satisfied to be back in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...