Tuesday, January 24, 2012

random search .

I opened Blogspot tonight not having a clue of what to write about. Nothing hit me today, and so I took to Youtube to randomly click through some videos and see if anything inspired me. It's quite rare that I don't have something to write about, what with the quotes I receive daily, daily devotionals, and other little tidbits that get emailed to me or thrown my way. I found this video, a trailer by Red Bull for a video called the Art of Flight, featuring Travis Rice.


This thing straight up blows my mind. I haven't been out on the slopes once yet this year, and I'm so ready to head up to Canada and shred. One of my dreams (though I'm sure I've said this before) is to snowboard all over the world -- resorts, backcountry, backyards, anywhere and everywhere, I want to do it. I'm even trying to sort of plan where I go to grad school with that in mind. I want to be in the mountains, near the mountains; anything to do with mountains, I want to be a part of that.

There is something that is so intriguing about mountains. They are pristine, untouched, and yet raw and rugged. They loom in the distance, and when they are covered in snow, the fresh powder just begs for you to strap in and start bombing it. Snowboarding will always be a part of me, and I hope that I will physically be adept enough to do it for many years to come.

These guys are always pushing the envelope, never taking no for an answer, going up against any danger with confidence, and making history. This is the sort of drive that I would love to have -- granted, I think I'm already pretty motivated and driven, but not to this extent. It's really amazing to watch them do unthinkable stunts, tricks, and feats without the blink of an eye. What I would give to be enveloped into the world of Red Bull....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...