Tuesday, April 12, 2011

moving out .

It's a weird feeling to think that I'll soon be moving out of my house. In a sense, we've all sort of done that already -- at least I have. 8-9 months out of the year, I'm checked out of Jersey and in South Carolina. Sure, perhaps it's not my favorite place to be, but I'm there and more or less on my own. Just like in "real life" as I like to call it, there are requirements and responsibilities, deadlines to meet, and of course you need to take care of yourself too.


Having things available to me like sports teams and Fike and the dining halls is a bit spoiling, because those things aren't there in real life. And if they are, you are going to be paying for them. This semester I opted to go with the commuter plan, in hopes that I would cook more. And surprisingly, I actually have a fair amount. I really enjoy cooking; and let's be real, there is no way I could just sit around eating sandwiches and stuff like that. Sure I like cereal -- but not everyday for every meal. No thank you.

It's gonna be an experience for sure though. I'll be finally out on my own, doing my own thing, and hopefully with a good job. I'm hoping that I'll be able to move to a location of choice. I'm really not sure what that will be at this point. I've certainly thought about stuff out of the country... but it doesn't seem like the right choice right now. I've actually looked into what it takes to move to Ireland, but the economic situation there is far less than stellar, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of a move. The good part is, I'm young, so why not move around and see what I like before settling down? As long as jobs permit it, you're set.

That's pretty much one of the big reasons I came to Clemson for college. That way I could experience a different part of the country. In the end, I realize now that this region is not for me, but that's okay. I never would have known if I hadn't tried. I'm really interested in checking out the mountain region, or going back up to Vermont, because I really loved it up there.

Also, I have to say in the two weeks I spent in it, (Josh you'll appreciate this) I absolutely loved Canada. As much bashing as it might get from people from the states, whether it's for being "America's hat" or just saying 'about' weird, the weather is absolutely superb.

Long story short, I can't wait to get out on my own. There's certainly a lot to worry about then, like taxes and bills and how the heck I'm going to balance everything. Living at college definitely doesn't really give you a taste of that. But, being off campus next year should help. I'm excited, and ready to get into the next step of life -- but certainly not without enjoying the next 4 years in school.

Lyric of the day:
"love just leaves you bruised"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...