Saturday, April 30, 2011

what causes attraction .

It virtually seems like magic. It's something that can barely be explained, and yet it continues to happen. I sure don't know how it begins. Sometimes it's sudden, sometimes you can slide into it. Either way, an attraction between two people seems to come out of nowhere, and while it sometimes will crash and burn, sometimes there is the chance that it will blossom into something beautiful.


I guess maybe it's something that you just have in common. Maybe it starts physical, but I've had occurrences where it happens emotionally... which is really awesome. My goal has always been to have a really strong emotional relationship -- but I don't think you can function in a relationship if you're not physically attracted either.

I could be wrong, but I think there's also always something that starts that spark -- some event, or some random meeting of the two individuals. And then it just sorta builds from there -- slowly over time.

I don't think I'll ever figure it out. But I like how everything sort of feels like it fits together like the pieces of a puzzle. I like how you get to that point where everything is comfortable. Or sometimes it is from the start -- I'm so lucky to have a select few people that will always be close no matter how far away we are from each other, and every time we talk it's just so easy. I'm never nervous and not worried and just sort of at peace.

It's my hope that I have a relationship like that with a future wife: something that is just so comfortable that we never really have to work at it. And I'm not asking for it to be of a Utopian concept, but perhaps more of just a union that works.

If that initial attraction brings me to that point, I'll be one happy camper. But the one thing I've learned is that if I feel something, anything, there's no harm in maybe getting to know that person better. You never know who could be 'the one.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...