Sunday, July 10, 2011

how far will you go .

Are you a spontaneous extrovert? Or an analytical planning type. What is reasonable in terms of how far ahead in your life you plan? 1 year? 5? 10? Or maybe only a few weeks. Some people have found it works to live day by day. I don't think I could ever do that. There are way too many important choices to be made. And without a destination in the back of my mind, what would I be striving for? Day by day goals are nice -- work out today, bike 20 miles in under an hour, write a song. Read part of a book, have a healthy meal. The possibilities are supposedly endless.


In my mind those things are trivial. Though sometimes the seemingly trivial are actually in place to become a part of a greater goal -- 20 miles in one day on a regular basis may yield an average speed of 30mph from my current 20. It will lower my resting heart rate, and expand my lung capacity. Health is important to me -- being in shape even more so. Reading the book allows me to expand my vocabulary, become more learned and more well written. Sometimes it's for information, in preparation for Spain, or for school. Having a healthy meal will help cut down the fat and feed your body the right nutrients. Maybe those 'trivial' things aren't so trivial after all.

Regardless, our time here is limited. It's up to us to do what we will with it. We also have a great deal of control over how long that time lasts, despite what some may say. So where do you want to be X number of years from now? And how far will you go to get there?

I can't say for sure. And that's probably because the limit has never been tested. And until those waters have grown to tidal waves large enough to sink the boat, we will continue to float on a vessel unchallenged.

It's time to traverse the steepest path to the summit. To take the longest most difficult course that there is -- and to push myself physically and mentally to my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...