Saturday, November 19, 2011

Barcelona: Day 88 : Isolated .

A feeling of isolation is one of the weirdest things that you can ever feel. There are 6 billion people in the world; how the heck could you feel isolated anywhere short of Antarctica? I don't know if I do it to myself sometimes; I'm sure there is some validity to that statement, but sometimes it happens to. Subliminally I think that I want to be alone, and left alone, and just on my own for awhile. Once I get to immerse myself in that, then I can come back and be social again.


I realize more and more that I do not seem to be an average guy for my age. That's totally fine with me, even if it does seem weird that a 21 year old guy would rather go for a drive than out to a bar. For right now, I don't know what it is, but it's irking me. That shit's crawling under my skin and getting me antsy and aggravated. I think maybe it's been too long without the gym, as I've had to skip a lot of days due to sickness. Normally I get tons of physical exercise, whether it's running or biking or lifting or whatever else. Lately it's been none, and I've been cooped up and quarantined in my own room over here.

In some ways I've felt a slave to the work that we've had to do lately. It's getting towards the end and I'm ready to be done. I'm ready to be able to live my days doing nothing, enjoying the city of Barcelona and fitting in my last trip to another country in Europe, which will be Norway. It's gonna be a crazy finish to the semester, but as always, the time continues to pass so there's no choice.

This post has gone nowhere. I suppose I should just shut up before I start saying something stupid. Seriously though. Fuckin' isolated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...