Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Music Monday #28

This week's song is Sleepyhead by Passion Pit.
 

I remember the first place that I heard of Passion Pit. It was actually in some sort of phone commercial, and the song playing was Better Things. With the ever-increasing availability and ease of acquiring music these days, I decided to look it up and download the song -- but ended up looking up the whole album instead. Turns out, Passion Pit almost sits in a genre of its own, with an extremely unique, upbeat sound. I wouldn't say it was instant love, but I really enjoyed it, and my musician's ear kicked in to begin to realize all of the tracks layered together to create the odd but appealing sound.

Since then I've been privileged enough to find and listen to a lot more songs by the band, and bounce my head all the way through their songs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...