Saturday, August 20, 2011

the last work day .

Summer jobs are just so weird. You get to know all these people, and at Trump that is particularly the case because people seem to come in and out so much. When you only work the summers like I do, you end up seeing a completely different group of people every season. Regardless of whether or not I was going to Spain, I would still be going 800 miles away to go to school. People from work are usually tough to keep in touch with -- you just sort of remake friendships when you come back with the same people. It will be especially hard keeping in touch with people this year, because I will be overseas and so I'll have to try to remember to email all sorts of people both at home and at school and at other schools and such. So guys, I apologize if we sort of lose touch -- I'm doing my best though! Just don't take offense. I still am planning on writing tons, and maybe even starting a 3rd blog just for the pictures and little captions and things from Spain. Not sure yet though. Of course, I'll let you know if I do.


Anyways, back to work. Today it was actually sort of sad leaving work. I'd been there so often, for a good 3-4 months, and now it all just abruptly ends. Granted, there are a lot of people there that I can't stand, or drive me up a wall for one reason or another, but this year I got really close with a select few people, people who can make you smile and laugh no matter what, people that play practical jokes, people that you compete over the Sudoku in the Post with, and people that you'd never even expect you'd be talking to and hanging out with even outside of work at the end of the summer.

It's certainly been an experience, and as always with Trump National, it always is. I may be even heading back to work over the winter, when the golf is closed down and the building is simply empty all the time. We'll have to see. Either way I think I'm going to work on a loading dock at FedEx or UPS or something on the late night shift (11-3) just to bring in some extra cash. I'm going to need it for sure.

And thus, I now come to a crossroads, a turning point in life. Spain is around the corner -- and for four months I will leave behind the life of an American 20 year old and become a resident of Barcelona. As one of my professors over there put it, we will slowly transition from being American tourists to Spanish residents. It's pretty unbelievable -- and I can't believe that I'm jumping on a plane just days from now with a couple of suitcases and a backpack, in hopes that's all I need to survive for the entirety of the semester. It's exciting, nerve-racking, and just plain awesome all at once.

I'd love to send postcards to people, so if you want one, email me your address that you'll be at! I know that often times addresses change as the school years go by. So for now, it's goodbye to Trump and hello to Spain. As always, I'll be back with a new post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...