Monday, August 8, 2011

Music Monday #29

This week's song is Coming Home by Diddy and Dirty Money.

It's probably not much of a secret that I'm generally not a large hip hop fan. I really haven't ever listened to stuff by Diddy before... but actually a lot of people were talking about this song and I decided to give it a listen. I feel like I've actually broadened my musical tastes quite a bit in the past few years. Maybe it's just a result of maturing as I make my way through college.

Either way, the song is great; it's got a good beat and the lyrics are even better. I love songs like that, where the person pours everything they got into it. And you can tell, when some people sing about things that are trivial and don't really matter (no offense, but this is almost every single Wayne song...). This is why I love listening to Eminem so much. Granted there are some songs that are silly and stupid that he's put out... but there are a lot out there that have emotional overload -- songs like Mockingbird and Stan.

So I gotta say, I gained a lot more respect for Sean Combs with this tune, and it has inspired me to check out some more of his music. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...