Sunday, August 14, 2011

today & tonight .

Of all the things I had originally planned to do today, I got to to but one of them. Work. How fun. Torrential downpours have been going nonstop (literally) from the time I woke up, which was 5am, until about an hour or 2 ago. That is pure insanity. Ponds raised almost a foot, and other ponds were created in the middle of the roads. But that was earlier today. I got home from work so ready to just get out and do something. All plans for the rest of the day quickly slipped through my fingers, and all because of the weather. By the time we lost power, I couldn't stand being in the house anymore. I had to get out.


And so I went out with my brother after finding a random Barnes & Noble card in my desk drawer that is probably some number of years old. And thus with the intent of going simply because I didn't really have to use my own money, we got out of the house. I wasn't going to sit around and do nothing, trapped in the darkness of a household too cheap to own any sort of generator (which will totally be one of the first things I get when I have my own residence).

Being out with my brother has always been a breath of fresh air from the normal smog of life that I breathe in. There is some sort of comfort in being able to be completely real with somebody and every time we finally get a small spare moment to do everything and nothing together at the same time, it makes me absolutely thrilled to have him tattooed on my arm. That sort of justification doesn't come often or easy.

The stories that we get to catch up on and are actually willing to share with each other (and especially those questionable things... haha) are so worth it. I fell into a nice little old habit that often yielded great talks with my roommate at school, but that just proved to make me relax a little bit more after getting worked up. Definitely need to make sure that's packed in the suitcase for Barcelona... It's not drugs. Stop judging me.

This night could have gone better. But I got some quality time to just drive around, blast the music, and fly down the road with my brother. Blasting through puddles and splashing up walls of water was just a kicker. The air had cooled down and it was windows down, volume up.

What can I say, that's just how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...