Monday, August 22, 2011

Music Monday #31

This week's song is Determined by Mudvayne. Be forewarned, if you don't like the heavy stuff, this is probably not one to listen to...


I'll never forget my first notion to listen to this band. There was this guy in my CAD class in high school who was 3 years older than me. His little brother was really guido, but this kid was straight goth. He was big, and wore those crazy parachute pants, and the whole nine yards. He'd often wear shirts with 'Mudvayne' or 'Mushroomhead' on there, with a pretty sick graphic of sorts. I remember seeing kids wear shirts of groups like ICP and the crazy pictures and totally expecting a different kind of music. I decided I was gonna check out both Mudvayne and Mushroomhead. Both were actually different than I expected -- both of them often actually sing sometimes instead of just the screams. Either way, the stuff pumps me up like no other, and this song is one of my favorites to work out to. Oddly enough, this song is in Need for Speed Underground 2, where I didn't even realize it was Mudvayne until I had explored the band's songs a bit. In my book, it's great stuff. They definitely have an original sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...