Saturday, December 3, 2011

Barcelona: Day 102 : Several Things .

So there's a few things I want to talk about in today's post. The first, is just a quick shout out to one of the blogs I follow, Le Love, and a picture that they posted yesterday. One of the pictures in the post said 'let's find some beautiful place to get lost.' Well, tonight I revisited a place we had been as a class with Kathrin as a part of field studies. The place was Mount Carmel, and if you remember back a good number of posts, we visited there and it overlooked the city and you could see everything. This time, I returned at night, and while it was pretty chilly and windy, it was well worth the climb to see Barcelona all lit up at night. I'm a big fan of being up high and looking down all over things.


The next is something that I had in a Daily Bible Verse that struck a chord with me. It said 'submit yourselves, then, to God' James 4:7. This kinda goes along with a blog I wrote a couple of days ago regarding letting God really make the decisions in our life and trust that he'll make good ones. If we truly want to be a believer, if we truly believe, if we truly and fully trust in our religion, then what reason is there not to submit ourselves?

Submission, I think, sort of has a negative connotation. It's as if we are losing the war, or in a male's case, reducing masculinity. But I think that this negative connotation has been building over years of time. Submission is used to describe when a fighter gives up or taps out. Or when a larger animal overpowers the others. That's not really the point here... It's not that we give up everything and completely change the way that we live.

I think instead, it's sort of just giving God the opportunity to work within our life's framework. Just the opportunity will God-willing open other doors for us and continue to enrich our lives like nothing ever had before. At least, that's the hope, right?

I like that some of the Bible verses are so simple, concise, and straight to the point. It makes things easy. There is no beating around the bush or anything wishy washy like that. It makes me inspired to actually open it up and read it more... something I haven't done in quite awhile. I'm still looking for a good Bible though. I sorta want one that gives little reflections or explanations and maybe leaves room for notes that I may want to write. If anyone has any suggestions that'd be nice. Anyways, have a great Saturday, and go Clemson Tigers tonight in the ACC Championship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...