Wednesday, December 21, 2011

a few things all at once .

So today, there are a few things I'd like to mention. Today was pretty uneventful, since I went to work. But later I went to the library to grab a book and then out to eat with my family at Outback, where I had my first beer as a legal dude. Nice. I'm loving the new car, that I bought, and while it gets shit gas mileage, I knew that was going to happen anyways so I'm not worried. But there are three things in particular that I'd really like to go over today.


The first is that everyone I've seen today at work and stuff who is leaving for the closing of the club (until February or January or whatever) has said "Merry Christmas." For a long time, I was under the assumption that everyone was moving towards 'Happy Holidays' in order to be politically correct. However, I'm thoroughly enjoying this newfound enthusiasm for 'Merry Christmas.' I actually prefer it. If I'm Christian, and celebrate Christmas, well then I'm damn well going to say Merry Christmas. If I know that you celebrate Hanukkah or something else, then I will be sure to wish you that as well. I think it's neat that people are just deciding that they want to say Merry Christmas and going with it. Bravo, America.

The second is sort of in conjunction with the first. I'm a lot more stoked for Christmas this year than I normally am. I think that a lot of that has to do with the fact that I was abroad, and ready for home by the end. But I think the fact that I haven't been home to see all the commercials on TV or ads on the radio or music and decoration everywhere holds merit as well. With all that stuff, I just get sick of it so fast, before the holiday even comes. It's kind of annoying. But this year, I'm actually enjoying (some of) the Christmas music and am ready to celebrate the holiday.

Lastly, someone mentioned to me recently that my mood has a huge effect on everyone around me in a group, as if I somehow set the tone for a feeling in a group. Basically, if I'm having a good time, everyone else does too. And if I'm miserable or pouting about something or just plain upset, that correlates to the group feeling as well. Now, note that I didn't come up with this theory -- it was told to me, by someone who would be able to truly witness it happening. I didn't ever notice such a thing. It's weird to hear that, though. It's like I have some sort of magical command over them; but I don't really control it. It's just really interesting to think about, having that much of an effect on someone. So that has been bouncing around my brain recently.

And really, that's it for today. I'm just re-adapting to home and all that it entails.

1 comment:

  1. Can I tell you.... I brought Merry Christmas back a couple of years ago. Feels soooooo good! Good for you. And congrats on a recent bday. That's s big one. Enjoy yr first couple of days of being @ home..

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...