Friday, February 24, 2012

fashion statements .

A lot of the articles on AOL news lately have been in regards to award ceremonies like the Oscars, the Grammys, etc. All of those award ceremonies call obviously for ceremonious dress, and also are an opportunity for many designers to get some amazing work out there. Now, I am far from an expert in fashion (and can hardly believe I'm even writing about it...) but there are always such harsh criticisms involving dress and attire of what people wear. The guys' outfits are never really addressed (and rightfully so, because, let's be honest, a dress offers lots of breathing room for creativity, plus girls are usually the highlight as opposed to guys), most likely because they can all just wear a tux and be fine. Though I must say I have actually seen an article bashing pro athletes' dress attire...


So where am I going with this you ask? I'm getting to that. I think that there is quite a bit of research out there that shows just how much girls look up to celebrities; not just in what makeup they wear but what clothes they wear and how they present themselves. Now, obviously, I'm not a girl, and so this is a bit of a tough topic for me to write on simply for lack of experience, but I can imagine that this sort of thing puts an incredible amount of pressure on people. And not just on readers, who think that they have to be perfect in every way, but on the celebrities themselves; they are after all people too, and are capable of feeling as much emotion as the next person. Needless to say, feelings can be hurt...

If it were me, and someone totally trashed the way I looked after spending hours in preparation for a really big important night, yeah, I wouldn't be the happiest camper at all...

So maybe we all just need to lighten up a bit. I mean honestly, what do you care if someone wears something that doesn't match your taste? I think it's stupid to be so judgmental. I certainly have no reason to be, as I think I already don't fit the mold much with my love of skinny jeans -- they're just comfortable to me. Having highlighter colors and zebra stripes on my jeans doesn't help either...

So I think if the person loves what they're wearing and are happy with the way they look for the night, that's all that really matters. And yeah, it may look weird, crazy, or downright stupid, but everyone has their good and bad days.

However, if you want to start making arguments for Lady Gaga I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to stop talking at that point....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...