Saturday, February 4, 2012

so, I know it's late...

I know it's late, and I've been slacking on writing this lately, but wanted to get at least one post out tonight. Last night, I watched The Blind Side again; the true story about Michael Oher and his progression from living in the slums to making millions out there on the football field as an NFL pro. Maybe I was just in a fragile state of mind last night due to the sickness, but I was in tears several times while watching.


It's truly one of the most real movies that I've ever watched. What a heartwarming story. Over the past few days, and even weeks, I've been reevaluating myself a little bit. I've needed to step back, get myself back on track, and fix a few things (okay, a lot of things). This movie is a healer of sorts -- a story of the underdog beating all odds to become something great.

Luckily for me, I don't have those horrendous odds to overcome. The biggest walls lie within myself and the largest challenges involve personal choices and habits. And yet I find it so much more difficult. Movies are intended to (usually) have happy endings, but this one struck home. It's a true story. This thing really happened...

And so I'm left wondering how much harder I need to work to make things happen; to change. I'm wondering if I'll get there or not. I'm reminded of the movie Miracle -- in particular the part where the coach has them all doing sprints, and all he keeps saying is "again." (Another fantastic film, if you have the time to watch...) That's the sort of vigilance, determination and perseverance I'm going to have to have. Over and over, time and again, I will not give up, and I will not give in. This is my life. I'm gonna do it right, the best thing possible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...