Saturday, February 18, 2012

the frames .

I've pretty much taken the day off today, not really doing all that much work. I'm starting now... after I do some writing of course. The secret may very well be procrastinating on things you need to do with other things you need to do also. That way you're always working... Anyways, I just wanted to talk about a great band by the name of The Frames.


If you've read this blog before, I'm pretty sure I've talked about Glen Hansard in the past, who is the lead of The Frames. If you're looking for some type of music or artist that is relaxing but inspiring, in addition to someone who pours their soul out like Glen, look no further. The Frames is basically a more developed better evolved version of Glen and Markéta (who played the tentative couple in the movie 'Once').

One of my favorites happens to be a song called In the Deep Shade -- which I originally first heard on a video about freeride mountain biking called Break the Cycle... there are no words, just piano and guitar and strings, with some minimal percussion. You know what, why bother describing it when I can just have you listen!
Basically, it's been a great soundtrack for a great day. I got to sleep in and have lunch with a good friend,  watch some episodes of The Office, have a nice chat with my boss (who is one of the most personable employers I have ever had, if not the most personable) and I'm gonna try to get some work done and then just settle in for a movie tonight, or at least part of one.

Today is one of those days where I'm just thankful to be alive. I'm glad that I have a life to live, and I'm glad that I am free to spend it how I want, more or less. Obviously there will always be deadlines to meet and things to do, and sometimes  most times the motivation just isn't there. But that's life, and you know what? If you miss some deadlines, or don't always get done what you wanted, sometimes it's a blessing in itself to just have had the day to yourself in general. So I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...