Saturday, February 4, 2012

uprising .

What is it with people thinking they can just riot and protest and get away with it all the time? Why is it we think we have a right to just walk all over any sort of legislation to get what we want? What entitlement do we have? Who exactly do we think we are? Maybe it all started back when this country started; this idea of entitlement and right. The fact that there are things that we deserve and that those things should always be ours and if there are new things, all we have to do is protest and we will receive them over time. If violence need to be used, it will be.


I love this country, and I love the freedoms that I enjoy every day. I love the fact that I can be so connected with everyone and everything, and I love a lot of the things that this country stands for. But the fact of the matter is, we are far from perfect. And even more so, we have absolutely nothing to be complaining about.

I agree, there are many things wrong in the world. There are conflicts, problems, injustices, and unfairness. I guess the saying pick your fights applies here. The little things are just not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Culture is culture, and it will evolve, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Atrocities will be committed, and disaster will strike, but time heals all wounds.

Perhaps we are all focusing on the wrong emotion here. Instead of magnifying our anger and hatred and belligerence, instead we should be trying to communicate, express our feelings in a calm manner, and get to a real possibile solution. I don't mean to sound like a total hippie, but wouldn't that be a lot easier?

It's kind of funny to see those words spill from my mouth onto the page, because I'm as much at fault for that sort of stubborn belligerence as anyone else. I hold grudges, have a short fuse, and would prefer to walk away while you're mid-sentence than hear what you have to say when I'm angry. But, I'm trying to change. And I'd be willing to bet that at least trying is better than just embracing a deeper hatred. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...