Sunday, March 11, 2012

quotables .

Back to an old friend! This quote comes from Lucy Maud Montgomery, and says "There is much in the world for us all if we only have the eyes to see it, the heart to love it, and the hand to gather it ourselves." I gotta admit, after a fun day of tailgating yesterday throughout the afternoon for baseball, I'm in a great mood today. Needless to say, however, I needed all last night to recover from it and did zero work -- and so I fall in the cliché Sunday-no-fun-homework-oh-shit-I-have-so-much-to-do routine.


But, I figured I could put that off enough to write a blog. Procrastination is a wonderful thing, ain't it?

So I'm really liking this quote -- kinda saying that the world can be your oyster if you just put out the nets to catch some. Forgive me on fishing metaphor, but I am certainly no pro catcher of seafood, and thus am not entirely positive on the actual processes of doing so... Regardless, the point is made, I think, that the world has a lot to offer, but we should be the ones to go out there and pursue what we want. And it's not always obvious -- sometimes you gotta look for it a bit, and other times, maybe it was just somewhere you hadn't thought to look yet.

And that's I really gotta say bout that. On a final note; I've been listening to The Black Keys all morning. Needless to say today has been flippin' awesome thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...