Tuesday, January 4, 2011

departure .

Well, it's been swell at home. But just as I suspected, at about 3 weeks time, I'm ready to head back to Clemson. It was great seeing my brother, and I think he really appreciated the fact that I was home to hang out with him, and we certainly did hang out quite a bit (does playing Star Wars Battlefront II for multiple days all day count?) which I was really glad about.

I'm sure that it's touch being the only child here, as my sister has now officially moved to Philadelphia and I am off at school. I know from growing up in this house that being a kid with my parents is rough -- even more so when you're the only one around to take blame or dump problems on. However, I went through it and survived, and thus I pray for him that he will do the same, and I have no doubt that he will.


Going back is going to feel weird but right at the same time I think. The way I've scheduled my flights, it will be a sort of transition back into the school year. Until Friday I am staying with a close buddy in North Carolina, so I am back, but not really back at school. And I believe from Friday until Sunday or whenever I'll be staying with a friend in UV. So I'll sort of ease my way back into the unique culture that is Clemson.

I'm excited, not going to lie, even if it is school.  And at the same time I am of course worried. I somehow pulled off a 4.0 last semester, and I really hope I can and will be motivated to put in the effort to achieve the same great grades that I did this past semester. I am worried about studio and the stresses and time constraints it will put me through, but I am excited to be learning more things about the field I am pursuing and the people I'm with in my major.

I'm hoping I can put an equal amount of effort into my duties as a Central Spirit director for a second semester, and in addition balance my time to play volleyball, stay in good physical condition, start running, continue longboarding, and maybe even fit in some P90X. It's not going to be easy, and I know that, but I think I can make it all work. I just need to stay focused, and not waste time.

Easier said than done.

However, the departure from home, despite leaving my brother behind, will be a sweet one. It feels surreal that I am already leaving tomorrow, as it seems I came home just a few days ago. But I am ready for another challenge at school, and look forward to those both seen and unseen in my life. May I blessed in mind body and spirit this semester at Clemson, and help all those returning to stay safe on their travels back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...