Wednesday, January 19, 2011

time management .

It sure as hell isn't easy -- but that's my number one goal this semester.

I've said it before. But it's the dedication and perseverance that's actually going to make it happen. There are so many distractions out there -- you need to prioritize and decide what is best for you and how to make the most of your time. Take today for example -- I had a fair amount of work to do, along with a goal to go running, along with the ceremony for Martin Luther King Jr. Day (in which I was a recipient of 2nd place in the video competition). I came home and was immediately diligent, got my run out of the way, worked on some homework, etc. On my way back from the ceremony I was torn between working and going to play volleyball, and opted to partake in the former, despite my desire to play tonight.

But I have to realize that sacrifices are imperative if I want to get through this semester alive.


Today was the first day of the semester at which point I had been to all of my classes. Accounting seems difficult. Lots of work, a team project at the end, an 8am class, and it could not have possibly been any more boring.


With high hopes I trundled to architectural history, at which I was thoroughly disappointed by the teacher in that she also lacked the knowledge of how to fluctuate one's voice. It was such a bummer, because I was actually looking forward to going to that class. However, you can't really judge a book by its cover (not to be cliche) and thus in the same respect it is pretty unfair to judge not only a professor but an entire class from only the first hour of class. And so despite the fact that I have a giant group project in every class except studio for the semester, I have my hopes set high, anticipating a better class on Thursday.

More than anything I simply need to get back into the swing of things. It's not easy to go from doing nothing all day to all of a sudden having work to do. Such a change is quite a difficult adjustment, not to mention the fact that I went from sleeping 12-14 hours a night to, well, a lot less. Maybe half that?

And at the end of the day, I'd love to have some free time to spend how I please.

Diligence, diligence, diligence.

What can I say, I'm a work in progress.


Lyric of the day:
"But I just wanna play it right, we, we're gonna get there tonight"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...