Monday, January 24, 2011

looking back .

So until a few minutes ago, nothing had really hit me as the inspiring moment of my day. And granted, sometimes there isn't one. Sometimes you really have to look for one, and sometimes you really just sorta go through the day and let everything go by.

When things don't work out, it seems like even if it isn't apparent at the time, there is a reason why. Maybe the man upstairs knows that it'll just be better that way, or maybe there is a bigger plan for you somewhere and somehow. Some things are meant to be, and some things just aren't.

Yet, looking back, I love remembering and especially seeing firsthand the great things you liked about someone in the first place.


It's amazing to see stuff happen over time. Like, if I could condense a lifetime into around 15 minutes -- can you imagine the drastic changes you would see? And not just the physical ones either. You could witness the discoveries someone makes in life, the mistakes they make and the things the learn for it. Their careful exploration would slowly but surely lead them to a career that they hopefully love, a person they fall in love with, a family they can watch grow up, and the cycle continues. Or, maybe they don't want anyone else in their life. Maybe they just want to do their own thing, whether that be just for awhile or for the rest of their life.

Everyone is different. Everyone has a different experience, different set of emotions, a different physicality; the whole nine. And of course, everyone has their faults... everyone makes mistakes, and everyone fails sometimes. But those times that catch you by surprise, are the times that take your breath away. And that happened today.

Just someone I hadn't really expected to inspire me, to get me into that rare state of mind, but when it happened, I realized that I really needed it. Just a step back for a bit, after all that's gone on through the past few days. I don't know if I can really elaborate more than that.

Just wanted to say thanks. I needed that.

Lyric of the day:
"they say life is what you make it, when really life is what makes you"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...