Friday, June 10, 2011

unfailing love.

I have this widget on my Mac dashboard that tells me a quote by some random famous person... or maybe not so famous. Either way I recognize some of them. Well, the quote the other day was "What a man desires is unfailing love."

Now I know you're thinking, oh boy, here we go again, another long pointless and confusing rant about love. Sorry, but this is a good one -- that could really open up a lot of points of discussion.


I think everyone has heard of the saying 'nice guys finish last.' I'd like to think that isn't true... but in reality, who really knows. I know that a lot of girls date douchebags, but maybe the nice guys are just too shy to speak up. They're too shy and scared to put themselves out there. Maybe those girls are really just settling for a mediocre guy because YOU haven't gone out there to blow them away yet!

In the same way that not all guys suck (contrary to popular female belief) the nice guys don't have to finish last. Yes, you heard right!!

Unfailing love would be a dream come true. And mutual unfailing love? Well, I'm not sure you could get any more perfect than that. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that guys like to have fun when they're young. (You can define fun however you wish...) But sooner or later, they want to settle down and maybe think about starting a family. Not to be blunt, but they don't want no hoe to be their wife. And all of a sudden these girls who were constantly included are left out in the cold.

I'm all for having fun, but isn't something more emotionally connective and meaningful so much better than flings? I'm just saying you gotta realize the good people when you see 'em... and make sure that you sure as hell don't let them slip through your fingers.

I'll tell you from firsthand experience (meaning me...) a man does indeed, want unfailing love. Quite badly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...