Saturday, May 11, 2013

I'm an Adult !

As many of you know, if you've been keeping up with this blog as of late, I graduated from college today! How weird it felt to be putting on those commencement robes and utterly ridiculous hats again after four years here at school. And though you sweat your butt off, you're uncomfortably close to people, and you feel awkward, graduation is really such an accomplishment. I am relieved to be done, and ready for the next adventure.

I wish that I could recite all the wonderful things that President Jim Barker said to us. He inspired us, and was able to instill in me an insatiable hunger for all that the future holds as a Clemson Tiger Alumni. How weird to think that I am now an Alumni. That word was always sort of foreign, or perhaps just code for all the old folks that now come back for football games.

Harder still was the post-graduation reception at Lee Hall, the last time I'll ever be there, and the last time I'll ever see quite a few people. Though many of them said that they'd love to come out and visit, and I really hope that they follow through with that notion and hit up the Northwest!

Tomorrow I'll be homeward bound, everything all packed, house cleared out, final bills paid, and of course, a fond farewell (and maybe even a few tears) as I say goodbye to Clemson for the very last time.

Major congratulations to all the 2013 graduates! I am so proud of you all, and can't wait to forever say I was a part of such a wonderful institution. Go Tigers!

5 comments:

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...