Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recognition Series: pt. 10 - Grace Wa.

Since we're on the subject of Grace's, I figured why not talk about the other one?

This Grace was in my major, and for several years I was actually in the same studio as well. We even had the very first studio ever together, second semester in freshman year. We didn't really talk for this entire semester, and I suppose that you could say that we didn't really meet until the next year, sophomore year. We spent the entirety of that year in one of the toughest studio sections offered (if not the toughest).

In many ways, the difficulty, the long nights spent in studio, the endless projects and assignments bonded everyone together. The fact that Grace sat right across from me really helped our friendship become what it is, and I'm really glad it did.

Grace was always one to keep spirits lively in studio. She would goof around, tell jokes, laugh and smile. It's always great to have those people around, especially in studio. There are many times when you just don't think you can go on. You freak yourself out thinking about the long laundry list of things you have to do. And you begin to panic when you wonder if what you need to get done may not be finished.

But what you need to do is to remember to take breaks, get meals together, and keep a smile on as you keep your head up. Grace was never one to forget that. And while it's always hard, and studio always is a struggle, together we all got through it.

For her study abroad program, Grace went to Italy, the opposite semester that I had gone to Spain. Unfortunately that meant that we had lost a bit of the connection, but I think we rekindled it when she came back, at least somewhat. One of the times I'll never forget with Grace was at the end of sophomore year. I was feeling nostalgic, and it was one of the last few nights I would be on campus before I left for Jersey. That night we both went out and took a long walk around campus, talking about life, having one of those great heart to hearts that we all dream about. I'll never forget that night.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made some wonderful friends there.
    You'll look back on this time with fondness, I'm sure ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...