Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recognition Series: pt. 9 - Grace Wi.

So I know two Grace W's, which is why included the second letter of the last name.

I met Grace during my sophomore year. Remember those volleyball games we had late into the night from last night's post? Well that's how I met Grace. Among the many who would oft show up to play, Grace was one of the regulars.

For some reason it's really easy to meet new people and quickly become friends when you play sports with them. You are constantly slapping hands, pulling for your teammates, and of course fit in some playful banter in between it all. I met a lot of good people playing volleyball, and a good number of them even ended up becoming good friends of mine. Needless to say, Grace was one of those people!

As the years passed, and the volleyball waned, I didn't see Grace as much but every time I did it was nothing but smiles. I have never met a more optimistic, cheerful and down to earth person. She always seemed as though she just could not begin to contain her joy! People like that are such a help in the tight spots (and really, well, in all the spots!). They pick you up, turn your frown upside down, and always make you feel loved and appreciated!

Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to spend as much time with Grace as I had wanted. Being in different majors with totally different focuses, our schedules rarely aligned. And yet the few times we did manage to fit in meant a lot, and I hope that in the coming years we still have the opportunity to call each other once in awhile, send some letters, and in general just remain friends! Whatever happens, I am so glad Grace was in my life. She taught me to be positive, stay optimistic, and remember that no matter how bad it may seem, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...