Thursday, May 3, 2012

3rd year .

As it is the end of the semester and I've just finished, it is of course time to go ahead and reminisce about the past year's activities. It's been a great year and I can't believe that I've finished my third year of college. It blows my mind how fast the time moves, how many things have happened, not to mention how old I am.

During this past year, I lived in Barcelona for 4 months, studying architecture, I had the opportunity to travel to Madrid, Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Dublin, Glendalough and Oslo. I've seen things I've never seen and had more new experiences than I can count. And yet, a year from now, I'll be graduating. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was sitting in the stands of Franklin Field at UPenn for my sister's graduation. All of a sudden, I have just a year between now and the time when I will take my turn to walk away from Clemson, diploma in hand. But enough of that -- I still have a year to go!


I have a few days before I'm planning on moving out and it always seems like there is so much to be done before then. Packing is always a bitch no matter how you spin it, and that's what it's going to be this time. I'm going to start immediately after finishing this blog, because I need to get my things together to store them at a friend's before I go (at least some things, that I can't take home). I need to get my truck ready to go, I need to box everything up, I need to eat at some point; it seems like there is just too much to do.

This is the first time I'll ever be driving all the way back to Jersey on my own. It's going to be quite a trek, but I'm excited for it. I'm definitely ready to go back home. The weather is starting to get to that point where it's unbearably hot and humid and quite frankly I've had enough...

This semester flew by in a wink. Why is it that time seems to slip away so fast? Regardless, I'm excited for this summer, and ready to take on my final year at Clemson. Wish me a safe and uneventful drive back home!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Wish I could say summer will be chill. However I've always liked working, for the reason that once you put in your 8hrs for the day, you're done for the day. I'll be back working for the 3rd year at one of Donald Trump's country clubs in my town; it's no architecture firm, but it's a job that is both flexible and pays extremely well and I really like my boss (hard to get all that in most jobs).

    Don't really have too many getaways planned, but might make a short trip out to Dallas, PA to see a blogger friend of mine named Stephanie (and I believeeee you're from around that area as well, so maybe we could get together too; I always think it'd be interesting to meet people in person, you know? I actually am gonna be on the PA Turnpike for a bit on my way home; I always come up I-81 and then head east to Jersey.

    I love driving as well. Maybe not 800 miles by myself, but I've always liked the feeling that I was going somewhere, even if that somewhere was nowhere. It's definitely a great opportunity to get lost in your thoughts and just take in the scenery (especially since I'll be driving through the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia). I will certainly drive safe. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 3 down one to go. Enjoy the ride home. I love road trips, getting out and seeing the country firsthand. Drive safe.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...