Thursday, May 17, 2012

work .

If you think this is a post about how the work environment sucks and I hate going and it's completely and totally miserable, you'd be entirely wrong. Before I started work this year I told myself that this year would be different. I told myself that instead of dreading work all the time, I would change the way that I looked at it. I wouldn't have to exactly look forward to it, but I would just accept that work is there, I'm making money, and that it's really not bad at all. I also resolved to be a more outgoing and pleasant person while I'm there. You see, I'm on the facilities crew at a country club in my town. Therefore, being the job that involves the least club-member contact, it's pretty easy to just walk around with a blank stare and clean stuff without ever chatting or saying anything to anyone. But that hasn't been this year.


I've only worked 3 days so far this summer. However, I'm already on my way to a great summer. I've actually enjoyed my time there, and the days are not moving so slow as they used to. I've been walking around and getting to know some people, throwing some smiles and waves here and there, and just chatting with people. Just today I sat and talked with one of the cooks for about an hour. About Europe, about life, about traveling.

It's been real good. I'm enjoying myself. Not to mention work is and has always been better than school, because you put your time in and then you come home. I'm just happy to have some good people to chat with at work.

The weird thing? I usually only talk to the people that a good bit older than me. You know, in their 40's, 50's etc. I'm not sure what that means, but maybe that it's wise beyond my years, ha. It's just really interesting. Either way, it's been a good few days, and I'm looking forward to some more. I think it's really gonna be a good summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...