Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Music Monday #67

This post will be a little bit different than previous Music Mondays as not only am I going to recommend the usual song, but unveil one of my playlists as well. This week's song is Strobe by Deadmau5.

If you're familiar with Deadmau5, this song seems quite uncharacteristic for him, but plays to the fact that he is able to work with some mellow just as much as something where the bass is bumpin' with raw electronic chords. This song is really worth listening to all almost 11 minutes of it... because it's just very different.

Now, I used to never be one for playlists. I couldn't understand why people made them; because I always just listened to artists on my iPod. Though somewhere along the line that all changed and I began to make playlists for everything -- sleeping, driving, driving in the rain, cruising, chillin' out, longboarding, good moods, etc. etc. etc. I now probably have way too many, since I can't even come up with proper names for everything.

Anyways, I made a playlist for the drive home, and since it was going to be pitch black outside for at last half the trip, I made something that was along the lines of "inspirational driving." Just sorta was compiled of songs that really just sounded inspiring and made you feel a certain way while blasting down the highway. I can't quite describe it... Anyways, here's the playlist:

1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For -- U2
2. Sweet Disposition -- The Temper Trap
3. Walk On -- U2
4. Strobe -- Deadmau5
5. Heartbeat -- The Fray
6. To Build A Home -- Cinematic Orchestra
7. Orange Sky -- Alexi Murdoch
8. Valkyrie Missile -- Angels & Airwaves
9. The Adventure -- Angels & Airwaves
10. The Blood of Cu Chulainn -- The Boondock Saints OST
11. Insomnia -- Electric President
12. Porcelain -- Moby
13. Teardrop -- Massive Attack
14. I'm Still Here -- Johnny Rzeznik
15. Life Is Beautiful -- Vega4
16. Haunted -- See the World


#17 and #18 were music clips from the latest Northwestern Mutual commercials, you know, the ones with the highly graphic digital stuff that builds up and has some epic music. It's a bit of a strange mix, but I was pretty happy with the result.

Enjoy the stuff from this week. I will probably link those songs in the playlist sometime soon. Have a good week.

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...