Thursday, May 3, 2012

canada .

This past weekend I went down to Lexington to play in a volleyball tournament and stayed with a friend while I was down there. I happened to see the magnets and postcards on the fridge of Banff, Canada... And all of a sudden tons of memories began to flood back to me. I spent two weeks in Canada with my family a while back, and it was one of the best trips I've ever been on. Tons of hiking, taking long scenic train rides, staying in cabins and nice hotels -- It was truly a fantastic experience. I wish dearly that I could go back again, even if not to that part of Canada.

As much as people joke about Canada having only Mounties or being America's hat, it's actually a gorgeous place. The mountains are extraordinary and the weather is sublime. I was there in summer, so it was light out super late, humidity was nonexistent, temperatures never got higher than 75 or 80; it could not have been more than perfect.

I also took a 9 day trip on a pilgrimage in a completely different part of Canada all the way on the east side going around to a bunch of churches and shrines and such. May sound a bit boring but that was awesome as well.

Point is, Canada is a pretty sweet place. I was really excited to be going back for this past spring break, but unfortunately it ended up falling through. But there is always next year! I hope I get a chance to go back and visit soon. It'd certainly be nice! And who knows, maybe one day I'll end up living there. No idea where yet, but I've got plenty of time for that.

got the chance to see this beautiful place in person! Angel Glacier

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Greg! Canada is a beautiful country indeed. Well I'm a little biased. Our big cities are wonderful too. So diverse with a TON of things to do and places to explore....come on over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Angie. Figured I'd get a comment from you on this one!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...