Wednesday, May 30, 2012

pure perfection .

Well, today is Tuesday (well, given that I'm writing technically after midnight I suppose it's really more like Wednesday, but who gives a fuck) and while it's technically not a Music Monday I absolutely have to post about this song. If you've been a follower for awhile you probably know that I am a huge fan of anything that Adam Young has created -- be it Owl City, Sky Sailing, Insect Airport, or Port Blue. It's all good. (Sidenote: looking forward to the new album coming out this summer). Anyways, this latest obsession lies within the track "Monorail" off of the Albatross EP by Port Blue. You should probably listen to this now.


So this is what the deal is. I'm going to try something new with you people, and hopefully the effort is well worth it. I'm going to write as the song is playing. All you have to do is click play and then read along at a reasonably regular pace as the song is playing. It's only 2 minutes, so it won't take long. Enjoy.

Click Play then scroll down.
The scene begins, and you're sitting, quietly in a boxcar, legs out the window of the open door, dangling. The wind is blowing and the sun shines, but softly. The day is one of perfection, and you can't begin to imagine how blessed you are to see this day. The ocean's waves crash softly on the beach.

As the cloud cover moves across the sky from afar, the clicks and clacks of the train's wheels become a beat in your mind, growing ever stronger, but they are not in the forefront of your thoughts. The breeze is on your face, and it tingles like having someone tickle your face with a feather. You smile at the thought of those sorts of things that amused you as a child. It seems so long ago, but at the same time feels like it was yesterday. So fresh in your mind.

The clouds part and open, and immediately a single ray of sunshine blinds you and the beat grows suddenly much stronger and much more driving and your eyes are frozen open, staring into this bright white light. The world has changed its colour, and it is all so real and full of magic. Your eyes have been truly opened; your mind explodes with pensive thought and overflows with lush appreciation for all that you are, and all that you ever will be. You cannot believe it, but there it is right in front of you. It is now all so clear, so easy.

Suddenly, the door that was opened is abruptly closed. It fizzles away like the tail of a firework. It has become shrouded, like it was accidentally let loose in the first place. In this moment you realize you have seen the perfection in creation, the perfection in all that is around you, the perfection that is this earth. You breathe a sigh, and gaze out over the horizon, looking beyond to your future, but not forgetting that today is a gift -- for that is why it is called the present.


**If you read at a reasonable pace, you should have noticed the words sort of fit the change in music. Hopefully it worked out!! Wanted to try something new and different. I was just really moved by the piece, and if you like it, you should definitely check out other Port Blue songs... they are all very emotional -- without having any words. Sometimes you can say the most without saying anything at all.

5 comments:

  1. I finished 15 seconds too early :( But I noticed it, I really did! Did you write this?

    Also I hate your layout because I have to click to read every post. You should change that. Yes, you should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you mean you hate the jump breaks? I only do those because that way on my home page you can see blurbs of a bunch of different posts and then decide which ones you want to read more of. And you don't have to scroll down for 10 years to get to another post. It makes sense :P

      And yesss, I wrote it! The words, not the song. If you don't like reading on blogspot, try it with reader.google.com (puts all your posts together to read them in) :)

      Delete
  2. This was great. My timing was a little off because of some video buffering but it was still pretty cool. Great idea! I like the song, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. I tried to make it so that if you read a normal regular pace, you'd hit things at the right time. Difficult to do, since everyone reads at a different pace. If you like this you should definitely check out the other Port Blue songs on YT!

      Delete
  3. I'm a fast reader but after reading it and playing the songs a couple two tree times, I could see what you were going for. My mind works the same way, and often that is how I put myself to sleep... I picture a scene and I let the movie of my mind play out across my eyelids. This was absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...